Professor Greg Dix
Professor Greg Dix: Trustee
Chair of Governors Scott Medical and Healthcare College
Term of office: 19 January 2018 – 18 January 2022
Link: Headteacher Appraisal
Meeting attendance 2017/18: 50%
DBS Current: Yes
- Greg commenced his role as Director of Nursing in February 2013. Greg has an extensive experience in nursing having begun his Registered Nurse training in 1988 in Cardiff.
- In the 1990s he worked in New Zealand as a clinical nurse consultant and nurse educator.
- On return to the UK, he was appointed as the senior charge nurse on a 38-bed acute trauma unit at the University Hospital of Wales where he achieved his teacher training qualification from Cardiff University.
- Following this he also worked as a clinical nurse lecturer jointly between the University of Wales College of Medicine and Cardiff and Vale NHS Trust.
- Greg relocated to Taunton with his family in 2007 and at the end of 2010 became the Director of Nursing and Governance at Taunton and Somerset NHS Foundation Trust.
- Greg holds a master’s degree in medical law and has a specialist interest in legal aspects of nursing and midwifery practice.